10,000 Homes Development Plans for Vale of Glamorgan
Around 10,000 homes could be built in the Vale of Glamorgan by 2026, according to its new draft development plan. The latest Local Development Plan 2011-2026 follows a decision to scrap work on an earlier plan back in January. The new LDP covers all aspects of planning at the council, from housing and road networks, through to school provision and retail facilities. Key sites identified include 1,700 homes at the Barry docks waterfront and 1,300 houses for St Athan.Other development highlights included in the plan are:
- 390 properties on land to the north and west of Darren Close in Cowbridge, including land for a new Welsh medium school and a link road connecting the A48 and Llantwit Major Road.
- 235 homes at upper Cosmeston Farm, Lavernock, including land for a new school.
- 300 homes at land next to St Cyres School, Dinas Powys.
- 650 properties at Rhoose, north of the rail line, including land set aside for a new primary school.
- 120 homes east of Bonvilston, including outdoor sport and road improvements and securing land for a new hotel at Cottrell Park.
The development plan will now be considered by the council during October, as well as a six-week statutory consultation.